Back-to-School Bucket List
Written by KidApprovedBC 29/08/17
The days are getting shorter (if not noticeably cooler!) and freshly sharpened pencils are on the horizon. But don’t pull the pin on summer quite yet… there is still time for one last hurrah. Here are ten ideas to fill the last week of family fun.
Kid Approved Back-to-School Bucket List
- Splash, swim or skim in a balmy tidal pool at Centennial Beach. Don’t miss the accessible adventure playground, perfect for toddlers up to pre-teens.
- Walk the famous White Rock Pier with an ice cream cone. Peek through the cracks for creatures, and stroll the promenade.
- Hunt for crabs under the rocks at Crescent Beach. Grab fish & chips from Hooked Fish Bar for an easy family beach meal.
- Pick up a picnic at Newmans Fine Foods and check out the spray park & musical garden at Diefenbaker Park in sunny Tsawwassen.
- Cruise down to White Rock’s laid back East Beach. Build a sandcastle, fly a kite or do some beachcombing.
- Explore the fairy forest & treehouse in Redwood Park. Spend a hot day under the cool canopy of trees and discover all the hidden houses throughout the park.
- Hit the White Rock Farmers’ Market on Sunday. Voted one of the best in BC, this large market has everything seasonal.
- Head to Boundary Bay and take a tour at the Earthwise Garden & Farm. This hidden gem is a comprehensive demonstration garden, full of ecologically friendly practices. Stock up on pollinator plants, get gardening tips and pick up organic produce.
- Stop by the Honeybee Centre and see what’s buzzing. Enjoy high tea at Fry’s Corner Beestro, check out the hives and stock up on local honey.
- Go fishing at Green Timbers Lake. Borrow a rod and tackle box (for free!) from the Surrey Nature Centre.