Written by KidApprovedBC 03/03/17
Two glorious weeks of Spring Break will descend upon us soon… are you ready? Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with tons of fun-filled, family-friendly, save-your-sanity activities to keep tallest to smallest enjoying the break.
Spring Break Fun in Surrey, Delta & White Rock
- Kick off spring break with Family Sunday at the Surrey Art Gallery on March 12. Check out the exhibitions, get messy with clay, paint, paper and more. Enjoy a show by magician Travis Bernhardt, combining tricks, storytelling, and comedy.
- Explore the breathtaking Salish Sea with White Rock Sea Tours. Get up close with the marine mammals that call the west coast home.
- Spend a rainy afternoon at the Surrey Museum with Under Construction with construction themed crafts, a dig site, scavenger hunt and building activities. Drop in Tuesday to Friday.
- Learn the ropes at the world class Coastal Climbing Centre. With both drop in opportunities and spring break camps, this is a perfect introduction to climbing for all the monkeys out there.
- Take a stroll down the White Rock Pier & Promenade. Grab a hot chocolate, walk the pier and promenade, dig in the sand, chase crabs under the pier and spot seals in the harbor.
- Watch live bees at work at the Honeybee Centre in the large glass observation hive. Sample a variety of honeys, partake in high tea at Fry’s Corner Beestro and check out the beautiful fish pond.
- Take a mini-nature retreat in Burns Bog, the largest undeveloped urban landmass in North America. The sounds of traffic fade within minutes of wandering into this peaty oasis.
- Mini-golf, train rides, playground model trains make the Family Fun Zone at Art & Knapp’s Surrey Garden Centre a perfect spring break destination.
- Tour the O.W.L. Orphaned Wildlife Rehabilitation Society that specializes in birds of prey such as eagles, falcons, hawks and owls. To learn more about these magnificent raptors, join a weekend tour.
- Celebrate Rain Day at the Earthwise Garden on March 18. Wear favourite rain gear, watch the Ta Daa Lady Show, make a rainstick and dance to the water band.